Professional Car Accident Attorney in New York (10038)
Representing Car Accident Victims in all of New York
You might be entitled to compensation if you were injured in a car accident in New York. Contact our car accident attorneys in New York for a case review. Our team is ready and willing to help you gain what is rightfully yours, challenge the insurance giants and ensure you are compensated fairly and swiftly. Simply give us a call to get started.
Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
We have a team of attorneys with over a decade of experience handling complex car accident cases. Practicing in the heart of New York City for years, we know what victims are up against and what it takes for clients to win a case. Having recovered millions of dollars for crash victims, we are ready to do whatever it takes to give you fair compensation.
We would not allow our clients to be bullied by insurance companies. Our trial lawyers will gladly take your case to a judge and jury if needed; insurance companies dislike going against a jury. With us on your side, the insurer will think twice about giving you an unfair settlement.
- Get support and guidance from an experienced team of attorneys.
- We listen carefully and use your story to underpin the investigation.
- Use proven investigative techniques to conduct a comprehensive examination of the circumstances leading up to the accident.
- Gather, analyze, and scrutinize evidence such as police reports, photographs, video footage, medical records, and witness accounts.
- Handle communication with all parties, including insurance companies.
What you need to do if you are met with an accident..
Been in an accident? Not sure what to do? Read on
You must remain calm and make correct decisions, put your health first, and ensure that your legal claims are valid.
- Remaining at the scene of the accident: If the accident causes property damage, injury, or death, remain at the scene at all costs to avoid hit-and-run charges; of course, the only exception is for medical treatment.
- Move to a safe location: Ensure that your vehicle does not cause further accidents or chain accidents. Move your vehicle to a safe location.
- Call the Police: An officer will conduct a preliminary investigation and produce an incident report. Ensure that the details recorded in this stage are accurate, as they will be critical to your ability to gain compensation.
- Medical Emergencies: Seek medical attention as soon as you can, critical injuries mean that you do not have to wait till the police arrive.
- Admitting fault: Do not accept blame or take responsibility for the accident. This could deny or minimize your request for compensation.
- Let the professionals handle it: Direct all communication, phone calls, emails, etc., to your lawyers and ensure you do not accept early settlement offers.at your legal claims are valid.
Let's get to the crux of the matter, how much is a car accident case worth?
A car crash can be a significant cost and can affect your quality of life. Depending on the accident's severity, you may receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages due to time taken out of work, trauma, suffering, and more. You must hire a professional car accident lawyer to evaluate how much your case is worth. When your case is being assessed, bear in mind the points below.
- Did you require hospitalization or surgery?
- Did you require rehabilitation or therapy to recover?
- Do your injuries prevent you from working?
- Has the accident impacted earnings?
- How has the accident affected your mental health?
- Did you go through depression or anxiety due to the crash?
- What was the extent of property damage?
When you work with us, you should know that we have spent considerable time and effort on similar cases; your valuation will be precise and conducted by seasoned professionals in the New York area. We delve into the details and work with you extensively to determine what your case is worth.
The Costs of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
Alex Yadgarov and Associates work on a contingency basis; in simpler terms, the cost depends on the case, and we only charge if we win the case for you. You will be charged when a settlement is negotiated or we secure a favorable jury verdict for the client. Our team recovers a pre-agreed percentage of your reward, no win, no payment; it is that simple. We take the risk and bear all costs of the case until it is won. Any accident-related lawsuits must be filed within three years from the date of injury. If you are involved in an accident with a government agency, you must file the claim faster, as government claims are subject to shorter timelines. In such an instance, you only have a few weeks from injury to file a lawsuit. No matter your requirement, government agency, or civil cases, we have the expertise to handle them.
Laws you need to be aware of when hiring a Car Accident Attorney in New York (10038)
The state of New York has no-fault insurance rules; insurance companies should be your first point of contact when looking for compensation. It would help if you turned to your insurance service provider irrespective of whether you are responsible for the crash or injuries or not. Insurance companies will work to find a valid reason to deny claims and minimize payouts; therefore, you need to stand up for yourself and work to prevent these business tactics from getting you fair compensation. Insurance companies are well aware of the claims process, they prefer to deal with the client directly and not an experienced lawyer; bringing a lawyer into the equation gives you an advantage. Dealing with insurance companies is part of our bread and butter; we have done it for years.
At Alex Yadgarov and Associates, we work hard to identify all liable parties in the event that your injuries are severe; it is very common for medical costs to exceed what the insurance provider is willing to pay. You would have to file a lawsuit directly against the party responsible in such a scenario. The list below indicates who can be sued directly as per New York state regulations
- Drivers of other passenger motor vehicles
- The Driver of your own motor vehicle if you were a passenger
- Your passenger (if you were the driver)
- Commercial Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Bus drivers
- Transport and transit companies
- Government Agencies and transit authorities
- Commercial taxi services (Uber or Lyft, for instance)
The list above, although not exhaustive, is a possible set of defendants in a personal injury lawsuit. The best way to find out who is responsible for the crash is to ensure that it is investigated thoroughly by a team of professionals. We've got the time, expertise, and resources to do that on your behalf.
In the event that you are culpable or share some of the blame for causing the accident, New York operates under a modified comparative negligence system. Anyone contributing to the accident can be held financially responsible for the resulting damages. Compensation could be recovered for accident-related injuries if the injured party is not entirely to blame. If the injured party shares some responsibility for the accident, the compensation is reduced in direct proportion to the degree of the fault. The judge determines this. There would be attempts to shift as much blame as possible to you, but you need to fight back and stand your ground with the assistance of a proficient legal team.
All motor vehicles on New York City streets are legally required to be insured. The sad reality, however, is that not all drivers have insurance. Being involved in an accident with an uninsured driver can get complicated. Additional benefits could be collected if your insurance policy covers uninsured motorists; most insurers offer this type of coverage. You could alternatively file a lawsuit against the uninsured driver; in this scenario, you can only recover what the driver can pay even if you win the case. A good personal injury law firm can dig deep and find out that the uninsured driver might not be the only party responsible for injuries; this is why it is paramount that you work with a professional firm that will carefully investigate the circumstances that lead to the accident.
Types of Compensation
The New York City law stipulates compensation for car accidents in two forms namely economic damages and non-economic damages. In certain instances, punitive damages might also be on the cards.
Economic damages are provided as compensation for the financial costs related to a car accident. Ideally, the victim needs to be put back in the financial position they were in prior to the accident. Common examples include:
- Medical Expenses (hospitalization, tests, surgery, medication, hospital stay, and transportation)
- Follow-up medical care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Replacing or repairing property damaged by the accident
- Reduced earning capacity as a result of the accident
Non-economic damages include injuries or consequences that do not or cannot have a set financial value. This could be emotional suffering or physical pain, for instance. The law makes provisions for these as they are no less severe than consequences with a set financial value. Common examples of non-economic damages include
- Emotional distress
- Depression, PTSD, Anxiety
- Loss of quality of lie, consortium, or embarrassment
Punitive damages, on the other hand, are awarded to punish the defendant for reprehensible behavior. They are rare, and the crash victim needs to prove that the defendant acted in willful negligence or that the conduct was immoral.
Car Accident Frequently Asked Question
Q: Who is responsible for my car accident and injuries?
A: The culpable party is responsible for paying damages through their insurance provider. However, you must first contact your insurance provider, as New York has No-fault insurance rules.
Q: Can I recover damages if I am partly to blame?
A: This depends on how much you contributed to the accident; the larger your contribution, the lower your compensation.
Q: What if the other driver was uninsured?
A: In this situation, you must file a direct lawsuit against the person responsible for the accident to claim damages.
Q: How much is my car accident case worth?
A: Do not underestimate the value of a car crash case; it could range from a few thousand to even hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the extent of damage done to people's health, mental well-being, property, etc.
Q What type of accident cases do Alex Yadgarov & Associates handle?
A: Absolutely anything, from frontal collisions, to T-bone and commercial accidents, we've got you covered.
Q: How much does it cost to hire a car accident attorney?
A: We only charge you if/when we win the case; we bear all expenses upfront, we take the risk, and share a part of your reward when we win the case for you.
Q: Does your service cover the entire city of New York?
A: Yes, we specialize in providing quality car accident attorneys in New York (10038)
We Put You First
Because of the thought and dedication our car accident attorneys in New York put into each of our cases, we leave our clients feeling cared for – so much so, that we often receive return clients, as well as new clients who we’ve been referred to by former clients.
You don’t have to suffer from your injuries alone. Call Alex Yadgarov & Associates at (866)-995-9035 to receive assistance from our New York car accident lawyers.
Words From Our ClientsTestimonials
The best law firm ever!!!!!
“I would like to thank Alex Yadgarov lawyers for doing a great job with my case. Alex and his team took very good care of me, They made all easier throughout my case and they were always their for me. ...”Bolanle J